Fruit pizza! Perfect for so many holidays, gatherings, and just to make any day a little more festive and fun!
I have always loved fruit pizza, but in the past, it seemed to be a bit of a tedious recipe to make because I had to
a) make the cookie dough
b) make a fluffy white topping
c) cut up the fruit and carefully arrange it on the pizza
Recently, I simplified my fruit pizza recipe. First, it dawned on me that I could try a pouch of grocery store sugar cookie dough for the crust. Nobody could tell the difference, including me! Win!
Secondly, I did a little online research and found that the the fluffly white topping could be simplified into two ingredients: marshmallow cream and cream cheese- the perfect combo!!
And thirdly, instead of carefully arranging the fruit in a pattern, I now just rustically place it all over the pizza. Or I wrangle a kid into doing this job. My three year old helped me this time, and loved it! Easy as (pizza) pie.
- (1) 17.5 oz sugar cookie mix pouch
- ½ C butter at room temperature
- 1 egg
- (1) 8 ounce block cream cheese at room temperature
- (1) 7 oz package marshmallow cream
- 2-3 C fruit of your choice, chopped into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the sugar cookie dough according to package directions, mixing in the butter and egg.
- Using your hands, spread the dough evenly on a cookie sheet. Dot the dough with a fork to prevent air bubbles.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 12 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool completely.
- Mix the marshmallow cream and cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Frost the cookie dough "crust" with the marshmallow cream mixture.
- Cover the pizza with fruit. Refrigerate until serving. Slice into squares.