This fruit dessert is about as simple as they come. (The minimalist wannabe in me loves it. 😀) With fresh fruit and three other ingredients this dessert is a cool and refreshing treat during these warmer months. We have already enjoyed this whipped strawberry dessert a few times this summer…it’s hard to resist with the delicious strawberries right now. You could also change this dessert up and use other seasonal berries such as raspberries or blueberries. Give it a try and be surprised how delicious a “back-to-basic” dessert can be.
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and chopped
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Toss strawberries with ¼ cup sugar and set aside for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place ½ the strawberries and all their juices in a processor or blender and purée. Return purée with the other chopped strawberries.
- Whip the cream with them the remaining sugar and vanilla until it begins to stiffen and begins forming peaks easily.
- Fold in berries and purée and serve immediate or refrigerate for up to 2 hours.