Well, the holidays are over and is so is eating all of that delicious, decadent food of the season. Let’s steel ourselves for bland, tasteless food that will get us back in shape. Right?
WRONG! Today I’m sharing a wonderful, sugar-free, low-fat, nutritious recipe that is truly delicious. After trying this scrumptious recipe, you will be a believer that healthy food can be delicious, too!
Healthy Blueberry Coffee Cake was adapted from a recipe in one of my favorite books, Trim Healthy Mama. The authors provide a recipe called Trim Healthy Pancakes on page 223, and I have simply baked the batter into this delicious coffee cake.
Warm and gooey…
bursting with the flavors of blueberry and cinnamon…
a perfect, guilt-free way to start your mornings.
P.S. This would make a perfect desert as well. Hmm.. I’ll have to try that soon. 🙂
- 1 C Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 C 100% Liquid Eggs Whites (from carton)
- 1 C low-fat cottage cheese or non-fat cottage cheese
- 2 t baking power
- 4-6 t Truvia or Stevia in the Raw
- ½ t cinnamon
- ½ t vanilla
- 1 C blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Put oats into blender and blend until oats turn into powder.
- Turn off blender and add liquid egg whites and cottage cheese.
- Add baking powder, Truvia (or Stevia), vanilla, and cinnamon. Blend well.
- Stir in the blueberries gently with a wooden spoon.
- Bake 40-50 minutes, until golden brown and firm in the center.
After pouring batter into baking dish, place about 1 cup water into the blender and turn it on to make cleaning blender much easier.