Any sort of Jello-O Poke cupcakes or cakes take me back to my childhood. A light whipped frosting and a flavor surprise inside the moist cupcake. Fun! You can have these for nearly any holiday or party. Here is our St Patrick’s Jell-On Poke Cake.
These Strawberry Poke Cupcakes are probably my favorite of all the different options. I just love strawberries in the summertime! These cupcakes are really simple to make. Bake your cupcakes as directed, once cooled, poke with toothpicks or a fork and pour your jello mixture on top, cover and allow to set in fridge.
They create a pretty cool look. Once set, frost with your frosting of choice. I prefer a whipped vanilla frosting or even just a simple cool whip. Both are light and do not over power the strawberry flavor inside.
My kiddos enjoy helping me make these…just as I did when I was little. The red and white would be great for your upcoming 4th of July celebration. Perhaps with a blue cupcake liner…
- 1 box of white cake mix and ingredients box calls for (usually eggs, oil and water)
- 1 3 oz box of strawberry jell-o
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 container whipped white frosting or cool whip
- Sliced Strawberries for topping (optional)
- Mix and bake cupcakes as directed on the mix box. Allow tocool completely.
- Boil 1 cup of water and add jello mix, whisk well until dissolved.
- Poke several holes in your cupcake with fork or toothpick and pour jello mix over top of each cupcake. I generally use a spoon or a measuring cup with a spout to pour jello mixture to have better control of how much jello each cupcake gets.
- Cover and place in fridge for 2-3 hours until set.
- Once set frost and top as desired and enjoy!