The weather here in Iowa has been quite hot lately! We all needed something cool and refreshing to help cool down from the intense heat and sunshine. My kids love popsicles, so I thought I would try a healthy alternative to flavored sugar 😉 And to my surprise, the whole family loved these fruit yogurt pops!
They are super simple to make – and there is no extra sugar added. I used honey for sweetener with the fruit and greek yogurt. I really like coconut flavored greek yogurt – so that’s what I used with these pops. If coconut is not your thing, maybe try vanilla or lemon instead.
- ½ c. fresh strawberries - hulled and halved
- ½ c. fresh peaches - peeled, diced
- 2 T. honey
- 2 c. coconut (or vanilla) greek yogurt
- Using a food processor, blend together the strawberries, peaches, and honey until almost smooth.
- In a separate bowl, add the yogurt. Then combine with the blended fruit. Mix together, but do not fully blend.
- Pour the mixture evenly between 6 popsicle molds. Freeze for 2 hours before putting wooden popsicle sticks in the centers. Freeze for at least another 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, run the molds under warm water to remove easily.
A few other healthy, delicious, summer treats!