I made this Simple French Chocolate Tart over the holidays, and boy was it scrumptious. If your Valentine loves dark, rich, chocolaty desserts, and you love NOT spending a lot of time in the kitchen, then this one is for you.
The filling for this tart only requires 3 ingredients: chocolate, butter, and cream (a winning combination, I must say!). Make sure to lick the pan and spatula clean to make dishes easier, of course.
And you can either whip up this quick 3 ingredient crust, or you can purchase one at the grocery store (Marie Calander’s works great!)
This tart is decadent and fudgy and divine. The filling has the texture of a truffle… perfect for Valentine’s Day!
- For the Crust:
- ½ C (1 stick) butter melted
- 1 C flour
- 2 T powdered sugar
- For the filling:
- 10 oz Dark Chocolate Baking Chunks
- 2 T butter
- 10 oz heavy cream
- For the crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a pie plate, use a fork to mix the melted butter, flour, and powdered sugar. Pat down with hands or the back of a spoon.
- Poke steam holes with a fork. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. (
- For an even easier version, use your favorite brand of pre-made pie shell for a quick shortcut! Marie Callender is delicious and easy. Bake according to directions on package for a no-bake pie.)
- For the filling: In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the chocolate. Stir continuously so the chocolate doesn't burn.
- Add about 2 Tablespoons of butter and stir to melt.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour in 10 ounces of heavy cream and stir. A whisk works well for this.
- Pour chocolate mixture into crust.
- Put tart in fridge 30 minutes or until firm.
I served this with whipped cream. To learn how to make that at home, check out this post:
And if you need more Valentine’s inspiration, check out these posts: