One of my favorite perks of St. Patrick’s day is THE SHAMROCK SHAKE! Yes, I can thank McDonald’s for first introducing this creamy minty milkshake ;). In college my roommate and I would watch and wait for the introduction of this sweet treat when we entered into the month of March. Then we would make a beeline to the golden arches. This happened on definitely more than one occurrence than I can remember. It was just what we needed to get through long hours of studying and working on design projects. This is a simple and easy recipe to make your own Shamrock Shake. Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Read More About Who Is Saint Patrick? here
Try some of our other St. Patrick’s recipes:
- 1¾ c. milk (I use half 1% and half whole milk)
- 3 c. vanilla ice cream
- ¼ - ½ t. peppermint extract
- 3-4 drops green food coloring
- Cool Whip or Redi-Whip for garnish
- green sprinkles
- Blend the first 3 ingredients in a blender until thick and smooth.
- Garnish with whipped cream, cherry, and sprinkles.