Fall is here! It’s time for all of those favorite fall foods. My mind quickly leads me to hearty soups, hot spiced drinks, pumpkin, apples, and squash. Lately, my sweet tooth (or sweet teeth, actually), has been craving chocolate and oatmeal – add a twist of pumpkin – and, voila! There you have a fall dessert – or just a snack, if you like. These bars go great with coffee, and can easily be enjoyed as morning treat, too 😉 Thick and chewy and oatmeal means it will laaast – and hold you over for awhile.
I’m calling this “healthy”, too because it’s sorta similar to the contents of a granola bar – oatmeal, chocolate chips, and pumpkin. Plus a few other ingredients 😉
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 t. pumpkin pie spice (if you don't have this - use ½ t. cinnamon, ¼t. nutmeg, ⅛ t. cloves, ¼t. ginger)
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1½ c. brown sugar
- 2½ c. old fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ c. pure pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 T. pure vanilla
- 1¼ c. chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13" x 9" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl, stir flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking soda and baking powder on low speed until combined.
- Stir in oats until combined.
- Stir in pumpkin, eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips until combined.
- Spread batter into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown.