The Super Bowl is right around the corner. So is Valentine’s Day. Why not serve up some punch?
This punch is so delicious and would work beautifully for either occasion………or both.
I always place fruit in the ice ring with some juice so that the punch won’t get “watered down.”
A bundt cake pan works pretty nicely for the mold. Makes it a little prettier that way. The ice ring usually lasts a good 3 hours in the punch bowl. No running for ice with each cup.
This punch recipe was used for my graduation, along with my 3 brothers’ graduation. It was used for our wedding, too. When Christmas and New’s Year’s Day rolls around each year, more often than not we serve up this punch. So why is it called Prom Punch? Well………………..this was my mom’s recipe. I’d love to hear her explanation and where she got it. It’s a mystery to me.
Jen thinks it’s pretty good! 🙂
- 5 packages of Kool Aid (you pick the color and flavor accordingly)
- 5 C sugar (I know....I know....it's a lot)
- 5 qts water
- 5 6 oz cans frozen lemon juice
- 1 46 oz. can pineapple juice
- 2 qts gingerale
- Combine Kool Aid, sugar and water; stir until dissolved. Add lemon juice and pineapple juice. Add ginger ale just before serving it up.