This dessert is exactly what the title says – a dream! And it’s an easy one too! This reminds me of Shelby’s Pineapple Pretzel Salad, only add a few more ingredients – like butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar – and maybe a few more calories, too 😉
If you’re like me, this spring like weather gets me excited for whips, fruits, and all things refreshing… I made this for dessert the other night, but it also might be great for that Easter dinner or upcoming potluck, too.
- 2½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ c. butter, melted
- ½ c. butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 8 oz. container of Cool Whip
- 1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Melt the ½ c. butter in the microwave and let it cool.
- Combine the crumbs and butter, then press 2 cups of the crumb mixture firmly into a 9 x 0 square pan and bake another 8-10 minutes. Place on a wire rack and cool.
- Beat the cream cheese and ½ c. softened butter together until creamy. Turn the mixer down to low and add the powdered sugar one cup at a time until incorporated. Turn up and beat well for a minute or so. Add a heaping tablespoon of the drained crushed pineapple and in with a rubber spatula. Spread the cream cheese and pineapple mixture over the crust.
- Fold the remaining pineapple into the Cool Whip and spread on top of the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle the remaining graham cracker crumb on top. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.