First I add about 1 cup of 1% milk and 1 cup of water to the saucepan (could easily be substituted with almond milk or milk of choice). Then quarter a banana and add in the pieces.
Next add 1 – 1 /2 tsp. of vanilla. Once milk is boiling add oatmeal (about 1 cup) – for about 5 minutes.
Lastly add all the fun stuff – craisins, raisins, honey, and nuts (if desired).
- 1 c. milk (can use almond, or milk of choice)
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
- banana, quartered
- 1- ½ t. vanilla
- ¼ c. craisins
- ¼ c. raisins
- 1 - 2 T. honey
- ¼ c. chopped nuts (of choice)
- Pour milk and water into saucepan.
- Then add banana and vanilla.
- Heat to boiling.
- Then add oatmeal.
- Cook for about 5 minutes (depending on oatmeal type).
- Remove from heat.
- Add craisins, raisins, nuts, and drizzle with honey.