Easter is just a few weeks away, yippee! Such a wonderful time of year and such a beautiful reason to celebrate. A holiday to honor the resurrection of our Savior…double yippee! 🙂
My middle sister’s birthday is in late March, so I grew up with many Mr. Bunny cakes, if not for her birthday than definitely for Easter lunch dessert. Our littlest guy had his first birthday on Easter last year, how fun! So, of course, I had to break out the Mr. Bunny Cake to celebrate.
It is actually a very simple cake to make. Bake two 9″ round cakes, allow to cool and cut one as shown below to create the ears and bowtie.
Assemble Mr. Bunny on the platter you plan to serve on:
Frost with your favorite white frosting (or one listed below) and decorate with candy of choice. Done! Simple, delicious and fun!
(This was my first time making this cake on my own and I chose buttercream frosting, although it was tasty as you can see in the picture below I had a hard time spreading it smoothly. One of the options below would be easier to spread, if desired)
- 2 9" round cakes (yellow or white) baked and cooled
- Apprx 5 cups of desired frosting
- Assorted candy for decorating (I used jelly beans and pull & peel licorice)
- Bake cakes and allow to cool completely
- Prepare platform for cake, you will want to assemble and serve on same platform
- Cut one 9" round cake into bunny ears and bowtie like shown above
- Assemble bunny, frost and decorate
Hard to believe our sweet little guy will be two in just a few short weeks. Also, hard to believe the little baldy below has a wild mane of blonde curls now. Ahhh, hold still my heart.