This girl is a huge fan of MONDAYS. Most people respond to my “I lOVE MONDAYS” declaration with, “Why”? Of course I really don’t know “why” completely. The best answer I can give is that I was wired this way. As the grandkids would say, “God made me this way”. And He did! and He does and He is the one who makes this amazing personality balance throughout our families, our marriages, our businesses, our churches, our communities and our world. Now that, my friends, is a Tall order! HE IS A BIG GOD!
So….yeah…..I get excited about Mondays. Maybe it’s because it’s a fresh start for me. Maybe it’s because I have found my lost planner from last week. Maybe it’s because I took in a little rest and relaxation on Sundays. And maybe it’s a little bit of all.
Are you a list maker? I am…..mostly on Mondays, though. I make a very long list of all I think needs to be done throughout the week and start dividing it up for each day, trying to leave Sunday for worship and family time. Do I get all the list crossed off by the end of Saturday? NEVER…..always some dangling tasks I avoided or didn’t get to, or …..whatever…but at least I got them down on paper. Once on paper those tasks kinda speak to me. It’s like I’ve confessed the need, so then I’m more apt to get it out of the way…..eventually. 🙂
Mondays are my blog posting days, too. I’m happy about it, as I’m revved up and ready to go.
As I’ve shared before, I’m compelled to share one of my all -time favorite quotes again,
“I must plan my time and arrange my day for the good of my soul.” Augustine.
This quote has spurred me into action countless times over the years.
Seems like no matter how it’s made….changing up the ingredients, the crust, the size..it always gets eaten. If it doesn’t rain, I’ll be taking it to the field to those bean-planting men.
Following is one of my favorite versions:
- Favorite pizza dough----your choosing.
- ⅓-1/2 C canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 lb. ground chuck
- S & P
- ¾ C chopped onion (optional)
- ¼ C finely chopped green pepper (optional)
- 2 t. chopped, fresh garlic
- 1 C mozzarella cheese
- 1 C shredded Monterrey Jack/Colby or Cheddar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll out dough (thinly) and place on greased pizza pan. (I use a good amount of olive oil to grease my pan. I use an old, dark pan which aids in crisping the crust. Pinch all the way around the edge to form a crust. Let rest for 10-15 minutes
- Fry ground beef and ½ C onion and the garlic in skillet. Add s & p.
- Spoon crushed tomatoes onto dough. Top with beef mixture. Then top with cheeses.
- Bake 450 for 15 min
Now….where did that planner go???
Oh, there it is………………..and the list is long.
Have a good week!