This recipe was introduced to me from my mother-in-law. Growing up, I never had meatloaf at the dinner table. But I must say, I really enjoy it now, and it has become a staple meal for us – at least once a month. I am always looking for a good beef recipe to try and this is one of our favorites. This can easily be made ahead of time or frozen.
Meatloaf ingredients: bread, eggs, milk, celery, onion, ground beef – and don’t forget the Worcestershire!
Let the bread soak up the eggs and milk.
Then mix together with beef, onion, celery, and seasonings. Press flat in pan.
While baking in oven, mix together ketchup and corn syrup. Spread on top and bake for the last 10 minutes.
Pair this with baked or mashed potatoes and a fresh veggie, and dinner is ready!
- Mix together:
- 4 slices soft bread cubed or torn
- ¾c. milk
- 2 eggs
- 1½ - 2lb. ground beef
- ¼ - ⅓ c. chopped onion
- ¼ c. finely chopped celery
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ t. salt
- ⅛ t. pepper
- For glaze:
- ½ c. ketchup
- 2 T corn syrup
- Soak bread in milk.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add meat, onion, celery, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Form into two loaves and place in loaf pans or place in one 9 x 13 pressing flat.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- For glaze:
- Mix and spread on top - bake 10 min longer after the first 60 minutes.