Sometimes you just want a warm and comforting bowl of soup but don’t want to have to put a lot of work into it…insert this Italian Meatball Soup. It’s similar to a minestrone soup but tweaked just a bit to make it a simple, yet filling. This soup has a broth base with added tomatoes, pasta, veggies and meatballs. The Italian tomatoes and Italian seasonings give it just the right Italian flare.
This recipe consists of using one pot and dumping some ingredients, bringing to a boil and then dumping a few more ingredients. Very little prep needed, ok, no prep unless you count opening packages and cans as prep. You can have this dish on the table in 10 minutes. Now, we are talking. 🙂
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced Italian tomatoes (some labeled bruschetta - contain onion and garlic)
- 1 (14 oz) can beef broth
- 1.5 cups of water
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 12 oz precooked frozen meatballs of choice
- ½ cup small dry pasta (elbow or ditalini)
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- parmesan cheese for topping
- In a large pot stir together beef broth, undrained tomatoes, water and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil
- Add meatballs, pasta and frozen vegetables. Return to a boil until pasta cooked al dente. Reduce heat and simmer until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.