I had to repost this recipe with you today, since it is Super Bowl Sunday, appetizers and snacks are in high order across America. This is my go-to appetizer. It’s always a favorite. It is especially great in these winter months, but don’t get me wrong – it is great anytime!
I find it to be moderately healthy – with the garlic and spinach and artichoke hearts. I use the Neufchatel cream cheese, too. This can easily be made ahead, and can also be used again – just by simply reheating. This is great with crackers, good bread, tortilla chips or pita chips. Enjoy!
Be sure to try out some of our other favorites, too!
And if you’re in a pinch, try some of these last minute – easy and quick appetizers!
- 1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
- 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts; drained; coarsely chopped
- ½ cup spinach; frozen chopped; or steamed
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ romano cheese (or mozzarella)
- 1 garlic clove; minced
- ½ t. dried basil
- ¼ t. garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Allow cream cheese to come to room temperature.
- Cream together mayonnaise, parmesan, romano, garlic, basil, and garlic salt.
- Mix well.
- Add the artichoke hearts and spinach (make sure to drain well), and mix until blended.
- Store in a covered container until ready to use.
- When ready, spray pie pan with cooking spray, pour in dip, and sprinkle with mozzarella and / or parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until top is browned.
- Serve with toasted bread slices, chips, or crackers.