Every once in a while, this cattle raising family breaks away from the beef for a change of pace. Can one really expect us to eat beef All The Time? haha. (Although, I do believe my daughter could be a strict beef eater, she loves it!)
This Honey Garlic Shrimp is a tasty flavor combo that you can easily whip up any night of the week. Serve it over some brown rice and enjoy a simple and healthy meal. The sauce is what makes this dish stand out…the honey, garlic and soy combo is delish! I have even been known to serve the sauce over some stir fry veggies and rice. Hey, when you find something you like, you might as well enjoy it! 😉
Making this with fresh shrimp is the best, but most times I used frozen shrimp as I do not have great access to fresh shrimp. Either way, fresh or frozen, this dish is still one to make. Be sure to give it a try!
- ⅔ cup Honey
- ½ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbs minced Garlic
- 1 lb medium uncooked peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- Whisk honey, soy sauce and garlic together in medium bowl. Divide evenly into three portions.
- Place shrimp in large Ziploc bag and pour ⅓ of marinade mixture overtop and shake well to coat. put in refrigerator and allow to marinade 30 minutes to several hours.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for later.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet. Place shrimp in skillet (discard remaining used marinade from baggie). Cook shrimp on one side until pink then flip shrimp over and continue cooking. Pour another ⅓ marinade into skillet and continue to cook shrimp until cooked through.
- Once cooked serve over top of rice and a side of the remaining marinade for dipping.