These cheesy bread sticks are a delicious appetizer or side dish to serve alongside a yummy salad or big bowl of soup. However, most often I serve them as an addition to our Friday night pizza night! They are the first to be cleaned up, as these cheesy bread sticks are one of my families favorite recipes. Warm, cheesy with just a touch of garlic. What’s not to love?
Start with a good homemade dough recipe like this one : homemade pizza dough.
- ½ homemade pizza dough recipe (http://www.theginghamapron.com/easy-homemade-pizza-dough/)
- 2 Tbs softened butter
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- ¼ cup grated parmesan (fresh is best)
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- sprinkling of fresh grated pepper
- sprinkling of Italian seasonings blend (if desired)
- Preheat Oven to 450 degrees with large cookie sheet placed upside down inside oven
- Mix butter and minced garlic in a small bowl and set aside.
- Roll pizza dough out into a 9"x13" size on parchment paper
- Spread the butter and garlic mixture over the dough and top with both cheeses
- finish with a light sprinkling of pepper and if desired Italian seasonings
- Transfer cheesy breadsticks onto upside down cookie sheet in the oven. (you can leave the parchment paper underneath for easy transfer)
- Bake approximately 10 minutes, until cheese begins to bubble and lightly browns
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes.
- Cut into sticks and enjoy
(Recipe adapted from Lauren's Latest.)
Update: People love these cheesy breadsticks so much that this was one of our top ten recipes from last year. To find out about all top ten of the recipes, check out our free ebook here,.