This Greek 7 layer dip is fresh, flavorful and with a few substitutions I made it “skinny”! Substitute a lower fat homemade tzatziki sauce and this dish fits the wellness specialist in me and also the appetizer lover.
The bottom layer begins with a wholesome hummus. Hummus is full of protein and essential vitamins and minerals.
Next layer on the homemade tzatziki which I substitute plain Greek yogurt in the base. This adds another protein punch along with lots of flavor.
Then top with your fresh ingredients of chopped cucumber, tomato, red onion and kalamata olives. Finish it off with your 7th layer of feta cheese and serve with pita chips. Simple, delicious and healthy. Perfect!!
- 8 ounces hummus
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp chopped dill
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs red onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup cucumber, diced and seeded
- 1 cup roma tomato, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, sliced
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- Place diced vegetables on a paper towel to absorb excess liquid.
- Mix together yogurt, garlic, dill and lemon juice and salt an pepper to taste, set aside
- In an 8"x8" dish or pie pan layer hummus, then yogurt mix, red onion, cucumber, tomato, olive and feta.
- Chill until ready to serve. Serve with pita chips.
Enjoy Greek Flavors? Check out this Fresh Greek Salad.