Dried Beef Cheese ball. Impressive, yet so simple. Easy ingredients.
The first time I had this, I was completely astonished it was so good. I mean, these were ingredients that I was fairly familiar with…dried beef…cream cheese…green onions…garlic powder. And even better, I knew where to find them at the grocery store! I was a newbie to the cooking world back in those college days. I liked cooking, but felt as though I didn’t have much time or money to spend making meals. Many, many nights were spent at the College of Design studio room. Often, I would just grab a quick meal and head back to studio – and try to stay up as late as I could to get the project complete. I had a few recipe cards saved away and started to acquire a taste for good foods.
This cheese ball comes from one of those old recipe cards, maybe even one of my first recipe albums. It has been around a long time, and it is still so good! It’s great for an easy appetizer or snack. I think it’s also really pretty for Thanksgiving and Christmas with the red and green. I don’t think you can really go wrong with anything in the cream cheese category 🙂 Let me know what you think.
- 16 oz softened cream cheese; divided
- 2.5 oz dried beef, chopped
- ½ c. green onions, chopped
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ½ c. parsley flakes
- Using 8 oz. of cream cheese, mix together with dried beef, green onions, and garlic powder. Cream until well blended.
- Roll into a ball, and place on a plate. Then cover and spread with 8 oz. of cream cheese. Garnish with a generous amount of parsley flakes.
- Serve with crackers