The girls and I tried a new recipe recently, these double layer mini chocolate cheesecakes. With just enough chocolate and just enough cheesecake and just enough whipped cream, they were perfect.
I love trying new recipes with my girls. It’s so fun to make some new recipes and memories together. (ps- We didn’t have a decorator bag, but a zip-lock bag worked just fine.)
These were really simple to make, but we think they turned out pretty enough to be a special Valentine’s treat. We’ll be making them again, I’m sure.
- For the Chocolate layer:
- 1 C water
- ⅓ C canola oil
- 1 T white vinegar
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1½ C four
- 1 C sugar
- ¼ C cocoa powder
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- For the Cheesecake layer :
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- ⅓ C sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 C chocolate chips
- For the Whipped Cream topping:
- 1 C heavy cream
- 2 T powdered sugar
- 1 t cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the chocolate layer, in a large bowl, combine the water, oil, vinegar, vanilla, flour, sugar, baking cocoa, soda, and salt. Set aside.
- For the cheesecake layer, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg, sugar and salt until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons of the chocolate layer batter into greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Top with about 1 teaspoon of cheesecake layer batter.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cupcake portion comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For the whipped cream, in a deep mixing bowl, beat 1 C heavy cream until soft peaks form. Sprinkle powdered sugar over cream, and beat until soft peaks return. Place whipped cream in decorators bag or in large zip-lock bag (with corner snipped off) and pipe over cheesecakes after they've cooled. Dust tops with cocoa powder (using a sifter).