My Mom received this recipe from my Great Aunt when I was young. It quickly became a staple in our household growing up due to the simplicity of the recipe along with the versatility of the dish.
- 32 oz frozen shredded hash browns
- 16 oz of flavored sour cream chip dip of choice (I prefer French onion, party or ranch)
- (1) 10 ¼ oz can cream of chicken soup
- (3) Tbs milk
- (2) cups shredded cheddar cheese
- (2) cups ham, cooked and cubed
- 1 ½ cups crushed corn flakes
- (3) Tbs melted butter
- Combine all ingredients (except topping) and pour into a greased 9x13 pan. For topping combine melted butter and crushed cornflakes and spread evenly over mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour.
It can be made ahead of time and also can be frozen for ease on cooking day.
Freezing directions: Follow above direction however, do not add cornflake top as the result of the frozen topping will be soggy. Add cornflake topping after removing from freezer, right before baking or omit from recipe all together.
Use light sour cream chip dip and/or omit buttery cornflake topping.