Has anyone else jumped on the fade of making gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches? There are so many delicious options out there I can’t wait to try! Right now my current favorite is this Caprese Grilled Cheese. Umm…warm and toasty, gooey mozzarella cheese bursting with tomato and basil pesto flavor. My mouth is watering right now, I think I will make them for lunch (again!). This is such a simple sandwich to whip up, especially if you use premade basil pesto. Done in less then 10 minutes and ready to enjoy. Easy peasey!
- (For One Sandwich)
- 2 slices good deli bread (French or sour dough are my favorite)
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1-2 Tbs basil pesto
- 1 Roma tomato sliced
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- Warm your frying pan on medium heat.
- Butter one side of each of your two pieces of bread.
- Slather the other side of one piece of bread with the basil pesto and place butter side down in the frying pan. While its browning layer tomatoes and mozzarella on top of pesto and finish with the other slice of bread. (Butter side up).
- Watch carefully while browning bread to ensure it browns evenly and does not burn.
- Flip sandwich over to brown other side.
- Once browned and cheese melted remove and enjoy!
Are you a fan of Caprese flavor? Try our Caprese Skewers! They are fresh and delicious. Also festive for the holidays 🙂