My family was just recently introduced to this snack mix at my cousin’s high school graduation party. All our kiddos loved it, in fact our youngest guy was found shoveling it into his mouth a handful of different times. So, what does that mean? Inquire immediately to my aunt for her recipe. :).
I have already made it several times since her party in May. It is sweet, salty, crunchy, chewy and oh so addicting. Going camping? Bring it along. Road trip? Mix up a batch. Picnic? Sure to be a crowd pleaser. Basically this is a great on the go snack for everyone to enjoy!
Not only is it a crowd pleaser but it’s also super easy to make. Throw together your corn Chex, mini pretzels nuts and caramel bits, melt your white almond bark or vanilla chips and stir over mixture until evenly coated. Allow to cool and enjoy.
Caramel Bits you ask? I found them in the candy aisle at the local grocery store. Caramel shaped into smal bite size bits. Perfect!
Makes the recipe even more simple! Enjoy !
- 2 cups corn Chex
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup caramel bits
- 10 to 12 oz vanilla or white chips (almond bark)
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt chips as directed by packaging until smooth.
- Combine and mix Chex, pretzels, nuts and caramel bits. Pour melted almond bark onto mix and stir until evenly coated.
- Spread in single layer on waxed paper and allow to cool.
- Once set, break into pieces and store in air tight container.
Other delicious snacks to try: