The summer is coming to a close which is always bitter sweet, but even more so now that I will have two young kiddos in school. In an attempt to savor summer and cheer myself up, I turn to the kitchen. Dangerous, I know
The end of summer also means it’s tomato season, which translates in our house to BLT sandwiches. Yum! Tomato season also means lots of fresh and delicious side dishes to go along with your grilled food. This Bacon, Cucumber and Tomato salad is fresh and delicious with just a hint of creaminess. Talk about a fantastic way to eat fresh tomatoes and cucumbers.
- 5 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 large cucumbers, chopped and seeded
- 1 package of bacon, cooked and chopped
- ⅓ cup of Mayo
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Placed chopped tomatoes, cucumbers and bacon in a bowl and gently toss and until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl place mayo, garlic powder and salt and pepper and stir until combined.
- Gently mix in mayo mixture to veggie mixture and chill up to 2 hours before serving.