Would you like to create an apple dessert with your family or friends that tastes ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS and takes very little time? It’s Apple Tarta Tatin and you’re gonna love it! Can you ever go wrong with Puff Pastry??? And…..this recipe takes just a few minutes. HONEST!
Throw a couple family members an apple to peel while you’re getting the skillet out and you’re well on your way to a delicious dessert your family will be asking to do again and again.
We are all familiar with the idea that you can’t get any better than french pastry. And this recipe is no exception.
So….grab your loved ones and and head on over to the stove. 🙂
- 2 Granny Smith or Jonathan apples
- 3 T butter
- ¼ C sugar
- 1 piece of puff pastry, defrosted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel apples.
- Melt butter in regular sized skillet. Add ¼ C sugar and stir together. Slice apples into ⅛" slices and arrange in circular pattern, filling the skillet. Simmer a couple minutes.
- Place 1 sheet of puff pastry over the top of apples. Cut off corners and tuck edges in to look sort of like the top of a pie.
- Dock (cut some holes) with a knife, again, looking similar to the top of a pie.
- Place in oven for 10-12 minutes. Tap pastry for doneness. It should sound hollow.
- Take out of oven and let rest for 5 minutes, then invert onto platter or plate.
- Serve warm plain or with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Wow!