My dear friend and neighbor brought to us an absolutely delectable banana pudding on a cold, snowy, Sunday afternoon. Our family had been under the weather, and this pudding (but most of all, the kindness) from my friend, Andrea brought sunshine to our gloomy day!
Never in my lifetime have I had a pudding this good. You have to try this! I am not a huge pudding person, but this beats any pudding I’ve ever tried. Once you try this, your life will be forever changed …
It’s like banana cream pie – without the crust!
Andrea, was kind enough to share this recipe with me. My fun and curly haired friend has southern roots like I do. And we have the same taste for banana puddin’ too. 🙂
Thank you, Andrea!
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ c. cold water
- 1 (3oz) box of instant vanilla pudding
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream (whipped) or Cool Whip
- 38 vanilla wafers
- 3-6 bananas, sliced, dipped in lemon juice
- Mix sweetened condensed milk with cold water.
- Then add instant vanilla pudding mix.
- Chill for 5 minutes in refrigerator.
- Fold in whipped cream or Cool Whip.
- Put 1 cup of pudding mixture in loaf pan or serving dish of choice.
- Layer with half of wafers, half of banana slices, then 1 cup of pudding.
- Repeat 2 more times.
- Sprinkle with crushed wafers.
- Chill thoroughly.