Have a busy weekend? Throw this recipe in the crockpot and walk away!
A few years back a friend passed along this easy crockpot recipe. The simplicity of the recipe, and of course the added cream cheese, enticed me to try it right away. It was a hit and is now on a regular soup rotation at our house.
- 1 can of whole kernel corn (undrained)
- 1 can rotel (undrained)
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- ½ to 1 Tbs chili powder (depending on how much heat you like)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 (8 oz) block of light cream cheese
- Place first eight ingredients in crockpot and stir
- Top with block of cream cheese
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Pull the chicken breasts out of crockpot and shred (2 forks works well)
- Return chicken to crockpot and stir well, mixing in cream cheese
Can use frozen chicken breasts.
If too thick, add chicken broth to desired consistency