Got a text from Annie that there was going to be a little birthday get-together for Shane after church yesterday. “Can you bring an appetizer?” she asked. And of course I agreed and began thinking about a dish everyone would like……………yep………..Veggie Pizza. It is quick, easy, healthy (for the most part) and pretty. I like pretty, don’t you? This recipe is so versatile. I don’t think I’ve ever made it the same twice. This is what I did yesterday:
- ½-1 C each of assorted chopped veggies. (Carrots, onions, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes), or any of your choice, or that you have on hand. 🙂
- 2 tubes of croissant dinner rolls (I always purchase reduced fat)
- 1-8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened (I use ⅓ less fat)
- 1- 8 oz. container of chip dip ( like French or Toasted Onion) or light sour cream
- 1 T dry Ranch dressing (bottled works too)
- 1½ C fancy shredded cheddar cheese (or your preferred cheese)
- 1 t. dill weed
- Spray large cookie sheet with Pam
- Unroll the tube croissants and press together to make 1 large crust. Bake 9 min. at 350 degrees. Cool completely.
- Beat together cream cheese, sour cream, ranch dressing mix and frost the cooled crust
- Add chopped veggies of your liking. (The smaller the chop, the better they stay on the serving.)
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle with dill weed.
- Keep refrigerated
Happy Birthday, Shaner! Wish you many, many more! Annie, the party was terrific. Everyone raved about your soup selections!