Tom and Cary are great cooks….and host and hostess, and travel guides and entertainers! We recently flew to upstate New York to visit my brother and sister-in-law in their new home. We had such a fantastic time! I’ll share some highlights of our trip with you all very soon, but this morning I want to focus on a delicious dish Tom created for us…..with his assistant Cary, by his side……Tom’s Killer Breakfast Burritos! They tasted absolutely fantastic. I stirred some up for my family this morning. This recipe is a keeper!
- ¼ lb turkey sausage (whatever your preference)
- ⅛ C chopped onion
- ⅛ C chopped green pepper
- ⅛ C red pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 T milk
- S & P
- ⅓ C shredded cheddar (or whatever your preference)
- 3 soft shelled tortillas (whatever size you desire)
- 1-2 t olive oil
- hot sauce (optional)
- Cilantro sauce (optional)
- Brown sausage, onion and peppers in skillet.
- In bowl, whisk together eggs until light and frothy. Add milk. Pour over sausage mixture and stir until done. Add a few drops of hot sauce, if desired. Add cheese and cilantro and cook til cheese is melted.
- For tortilla shells: Heat skillet. Add a little olive oil and barely brown shells on each side.
- Spoon egg mixture into shells and wrap up. Keep covered and warm in oven til serving.
- Garnish with cilantro (yum!) and serve with hot sauce and cilantro sauce.
Trader Joe’s sells this really great cilantro sauce…..need to get there and purchase some ASAP because I’m sure I’ll be whippin’ this great recipe again soon.
And a good hearty breakfast is a great way to start our day. Another essential start to our day is to open the Bible and read God’s Word. His Word gives up hope and direction for this new day!
“As morning dawns and evening fades, You inspire songs of praise…………hope you take time to listen to this beautiful song! Great way to start your day! Have a good one! Music has a way of stirring our soul, doesn’t it? There was a reason for which music was created………………………..to praise Him………………………….to give Him glory for Who He Is