A Time for Everything
Ecclesiastes 3:1 ” There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven.”
Spring is here! We get to see GREEN – bright green – a spectrum of green – come back again after many months of dreary cold and white and then brown in our landscape.
It is exciting to see new growth and life after a long winter and hibernation.
I particularly enjoy the viridescent- yellowish green – that comes with spring. I enjoy watching the process of the grass gradually change from brown to green. It looks as though we will have an earlier spring this year in Iowa.
The color green is symbolic of nature, freshness, growth, and harmony. From a color psychology perspective, green is the color of spring – evoking a sense of renewal, rebirth, and restoration.
Revelation 21:5 …”I am making everything new!”
Green tulips and daffodils are coming through.
The robins have returned.
Sewing oats is beginning…with planting just a few weeks away.
2 Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
This is a healthy and refreshing salad I want to share with you – made with kale, brussel sprouts, bacon, onion, and parmesan if you’re in the need for some extra green. Add just one cup of kale to your daily menu and you can benefit from extra fiber, antioxidant , and Vitamins A, C, and K.
There is nothing like a good, refreshing salad!
- For salad:
- 2-3 c. thinly sliced kale
- 1 lb. brussel sprouts, finely shredded with a sharp knife
- 3-4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- ¼ c. parmesan cheese
- For dressing:
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 1 t. onion, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ⅛ t. kosher salt
- pinch of black pepper
- ¼ c. olive oil
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix. Add in olive oil, whisking until combined.
- Mix sliced kale, shave brussel sprouts in a large bowl. Throw in bacon and cheese. Pour dressing over top and toss salad until all ingredients are distributed throughout.