This taco meat recipe is terrific! Our family has loved it for years. It’s wonderful because it is super easy, super yummy, and super versatile. And did I mention that it only has four ingredients?!?!
I think the real star of the show is the refried beans. It gives the meat mixture a creamy, hearty texture.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (fat free) refried beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chiles (such and Rotel)
- 1 package taco seasoning
- Brown ground beef.
- Add remaining three ingredients, and stir together until smooth.
- Heat on medium low until warmed through.
* Fill crispy hard taco shells for traditional tacos.
*Fill large flour tortillas with cheese and this meat for yummy Burritos
*Top tortilla chips with cheddar cheese, some of this meat, and jalapenos and warm in the oven for Nachos
*Top crispy romaine lettuce with cheese, sour cream, and some of this meat for Taco Salad
*Top pizza crust with some of this meat and cheese and bake at 450 degrees for Taco Pizza
*Add to mini bags of Doritos along with lettuce, cheese, and sour cream for Walking Tacos