Found this on Facebook and thought I would give it a whirl. I did and I liked it!
- 1½ lbs. ground beef or chuck
- 1 pkg taco seasoning mix
- ½ C water
- 1 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans Pillsbury refrigerated Crescent dinner rolls
- ¾ C Nacho cheese-flavored tortilla chips, crushed
- ½ head shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Taco Sauce or Salsa, optional
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Brown beef. Add seasoning mix and water. Simmer 3-4 minutes
- In medium-sized bowl, add beef mixture and cheese
- Unroll both cans of dough and separate into 8 rectangles
- On large cookie sheet, arrange triangles in ring so short sides of triangles form a 5" circle in center.
- (Dough will overlap; half of each triangle will hang over edges of cookie sheet. Dough ring should look like a sun.)
- Spoon beef mixture on the half of each rectangle closest to the center of ring.
- Bring each dough rectangle, hanging over side of pan, up over filling, tucking dough under bottom layer of dough to secure it. Repeat around ring until entire filling is enclosed. Some filling will be exposed.
- Gently separate dough perforations on top until filling peaks through.
- Brush dough slightly with water and top with crushed chips and bake til golden brown. Cool 5-10 minutes before cutting into serving slices.
- Garnish with lettuce and tomato in center of the ring.
I used a bowl to make the center uniform and to guide the dough.
It’s easier than it looks. Hope you give it a try!