Kept seeing pics of this side dish and wondered if our crew would like these fries. (I happen to like sweet potatoes maybe a bit more than some of my family members. 😉 ) So, I bought a large sweet potato. It stared at me in the basket by my stove for a couple weeks and finally I picked it up and tried this recipe:
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 t. brown sugar
- 1 t kosher salt (regular table salt works too)
- ½ t black pepper
- 1 C Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Slice potato length-wise. With flat side down, slice wedges into "steak fries" width. Set aside.
- In deep bowl mix all other ingredients.
- Roll each wedge in bread crumb mixture and place on parchment paper on top of cookie sheet. Push down crumbs to stay on wedges. (I sprinkle a little water on the wedges first so they will hold the crumbs.)
- Bake 15 min, then turn.
- Serve with ketchup or BBQ sauce.
Hey! They liked them and gobbled them right down. Not one fry left! Hope your crew likes them, too.