Wondering what to do with those turkey leftovers? A long time friend made a fabulous “warm sandwich” for us after our first child was born. It was such a treat, and I was so impressed with the gourmet concoction.
As it turns out, it is a simple sandwich to make! All you need is turkey, provolone cheese, focaccia bread, and Sun Dried Tomato Pesto – it’s wonderful! Most grocery stores carry the Sun Dried Tomato Pesto – it’s typically found close to the pasta and spaghetti sauce.
After just finishing up harvest and several months of cold-cut sandwiches, a hot meal is quickly welcomed and appreciated at our home. Simply, cut the focaccia bread into slices, then slather one side of the sandwich bread with the Pesto sauce, add a slice of Provolone, and finally add desired amount of turkey. Wrap the sandwich in aluminum foil, and place in the oven for 10 -15 minutes at 350 degrees or until cheese is melted. Often times, I will just go ahead and use the whole loaf of focaccia – which can make as many as 6 sandwiches – depending on the size of bread. Enjoy, they go fast!
P.S. A couple ingredients that make this sandwich over the top are: using Sun Dried Tomato Turkey (from the deli section) and herb infused focaccia bread – such as rosemary – it is absolutely fabulous!
- one loaf of focaccia bread, into 1 inch slices
- 6-8 slices of provolone cheese
- 6-8 oz roasted turkey, thinly sliced
- ¼ c. Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread Pesto sauce on one side of sandwich bread. Then add provolone cheese and turkey. Place top slice of sandwich bread. Carefully wrap in aluminum foil. Bake in oven for about 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.