Spring has sprung here in Iowa, and with the warm weather comes a hankering for popsicles. We made these scrumptious chocolate mocha popsicles a few days ago. Don’t tell anyone…they’re sugar free! And packed full of protein, calcium, and rich chocolatey coffee flavors.
They were SO good and SO healthy! Nothing makes me more happy as a mom than watching my kids really enjoy healthy food!
This recipe originated in my Trim Healthy Mama book as the Fat-Stripping Frappe. My girls and I make this recipe often and enjoy it as a drink. But last week we decided to add some coffee to the recipe and pour it into our popsicle molds. They turned out perfectly and the kids loved them. (We didn’t even mention to the boys that they were sugar-free, and they had no idea!)
If you’re interested in other Trim Healthy Mama recipes that we eat regularly, check these out:
- ½ C unsweetened almond milk
- ½ C cold coffee
- 1 T cocoa powder
- ½ t glucomannan powder
- 2 pinches of see salt
- 1 t Truvia, Super Sweet Blend, or Stevia (or other sweetener of your choice)
- ½ t vanilla
- 16 ice cubes
- 1 scoop whey protein powder (optional)
- Place almond milk, coffee, cocoa powder, glucomannan powder, sea salt, sweetener, vanilla in blender and blend well.
- Add ice cubes and blend again.
- Add whey protein powder and blend again until combined and a little fluffly (30 seconds).
- ***Stop here and drink as a smoothie if desired!***
- Pour into your popsicle molds and freeze until solid.