With this salad, I typically think of enjoying it over the summer; however, right about now, during these cold winter months, fresh and healthy sounds soooo refreshing. The bright colors and fresh produce are enticing to me when I am looking for a new variation to our menu.
Strawberry spinach salad is quick and easy to make, and if one wants to cheat on the homemade dressing -it can easily be purchased from the grocery store ( a personal favorite of mine is the Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette). I always enjoy feta cheese with just about anything, but if you enjoy goat cheese – it will add a little extra flavor and creaminess to this delicious salad – just don’t tell my husband 😉 I hope you enjoy the tastes of summer (during winter), too! It only 10 minutes to “whip up.”
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted half a small red onion, thinly sliced
- Poppy seed Dressing:
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 T. apple cider vinegar
- 2 T. honey
- 1 T. poppy seeds
- salt and pepper
- For the salad: Toss all ingredients together with your desired amount of dressing until combined. Served immediately.
- For the dressing: Whisk all ingredients together until combined.