This irresistible pie will put you right into summer mode. It is a refreshing, creamy, sweet – salty combination that will have you craving for more! The buttery salted pretzel crust and delightful strawberry filling win me over every time. This recipe does not disappoint!
This Spring weather is playing tricks on us. We have had a few warm sunshine-y days, and then surprisingly the cold winter comes back and stays…with the month of May, just a few days away, this was just the refreshing summer-y treat we needed to perk up 🙂 Great for birthdays, showers, upcoming Mother’s Day, or just because!
Just a note: make sure you freeze and not refrigerate. You may need to let it thaw out for 10 minutes or so before serving.
- 2 c. finely crushed pretzel sticks
- ½ c. butter, melted
- ¼ c. firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 c. sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ (8oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 T plus 1 t. strawberry gelatin
- 2 c. Cool Whip, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together butter, brown sugar, and pretzels. Firmly press on bottom, up sides, and onto lip of a lightly greased 10-inch pie plate. Bake fro 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven to a wire rack. Cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- Process strawberries in a food processor until finely chopped, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
- Beat condensed milk, cream chees, and gelatin at medium speed until smooth (using the whisk attachment of a stand mixer). Add strawberries; beat at low speed until just blended. Gently, fold in ¾ c. Cool Whip. Spoon into prepared crust. Cover and freeze fro 8-12 hours or until firm.
- Spread remaining Cool Whip over top of pie. Freeze for an additional hour until firm.