The weather is finally warming up here in Iowa and I’ve got fresh fruit and desserts on my mind. ? Well, then again, I usually have those on my mind. With spring in full swing and the summer months to follow, I thought this would be a good time to share this delicious Strawberry Cream Cheese Slab Pie.
Slab pie you ask? Just a pie baked in a jelly roll pan. Simple enough yet large enough and delicious enough to serve a crowd! This one is easy to make…although there is some waiting between the layers. First you bake the crust and allow to cool, then you smooth on the cream cheese layer and allow to set in fridge and then top with the fresh strawberry mix. Mmm, my mouth is watering! This is great for a gathering or upcoming potluck. Enjoy!
Strawberry fan? Try these other strawberry desserts:
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts in a box)
- (2) 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup of sugar
- 1 Tbs milk
- 6 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 cup strawberry glaze
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Remove pie crusts and on a lightly floured surface unroll and stack on top of each other. With a rolling pin roll into a 17x12" rectangle to fit into a 15x10" baking pan. Make sure to roll dough evenly so it will bake evenly. Press into ungreased pan and onto corners. Crimp edges and prick entire crust with a fork. back 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and milk until smooth. Spread into cooled crust lined pan. Refrigerate until set, approx. 1 hour.
- Gently mix sliced strawberries and strawberry glaze and smooth evenly over cream cheese topped crust. Cover and refrigerate until serving.