SNAPPERS! A few nights ago, the kids and I made these salted caramel dark chocolate pretzels, or as we like to call them, Snappers (because they taste exactly like the Costco treat), and oh were they good! Irresistibly good, in fact.
Three AWESOME things about this recipe:
*1. It is so easy! With only five ingredients and taking only ten minutes to make, this is just the sort of recipe we all need during this week before Christmas.
*2. It makes a huge batch, so you’ll have a little to
DEVOUR snack on while wrapping gifts, some to share with the neighbors, and still enough to take to that get together (for which you didn’t really want to spend hours baking.)
*3. Snappers are salty and sweet and crunchy and chewy! Delicious, holiday snack perfection.
Ok, let me show you how easy these are to make! Start by spreading a bag of pretzels over a foil-lined, cookie sheet.
Melt the brown sugar and butter in a sauce pan, and pour this heavenly combo over the top. Pop into the oven for just five minutes.
Sprinkle a bag of chocolate chips over the top, wait a minute for them to melt, and then spread…
Finally, sprinkle with sea salt. Now comes the hard part… wait until completely cool. (We were impatient and popped it into the freezer!) Once cool, break into pieces, and ENJOY!
Salty, chocolatey, chewy, crunchy… just in time for the holidays, SNAPPERS! Really friends, these are SO GOOD!
I hope you’re having a lovely week before Christmas. I love the wrapping and baking and Christmas movies, and I am asking God to help me to turn my thoughts to his miraculous gift this Christmas. Today I’m thinking about the unbelievable events recorded in these verses:
Luke 2:8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”
- 1 Bag of Pretzels
- 1 C of Butter
- 1 C Light Brown Sugar
- 12-ounce Bag Chocolate Chips
- Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 375-degrees, and line a jelly roll pan with foil or parchment paper. If using foil, spray with cooking spray.
- Cover the pan with a single layer of the pretzels.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar over medium heat. When the mixture starts to gently simmer and bubble, let cook that way for 3 minutes without stirring.
- Pour the mixture over the pretzels.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Take the pretzels out of the oven, and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top. Wait a couple of minutes until the chips start to melt, then spread the chocolate over the pretzels. A small off-set spatula or rubber spatula works well for this.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Let the pretzels cool completely (pop into the freezer for a few minutes is you're in a hurry), and then break into pieces.
Need a couple other last minute, super fast holiday recipes? Try these: