After attending a chilly morning football game, we were ready for a warm soup lunch.
I found a recipe in my Trim Healthy Mama book called “Just Like Campbell’s Tomato Soup”, and I thought we’d give it a try because it only needed three ingredients. Yea!
Actually, I think the authors of the book should rename this recipe, because it was much better than Campbell’s Tomato Soup. It was creamy, fresh tasting, and very satisfying. I also didn’t miss the extra carbs and preservatives that Campbell’s has to offer. 🙂
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup of water or chicken brother
- 2-4 tablespoons of heavy cream
- Pour the tomato sauce into a saucepan.
- Add water (or chicken brother) and heavy cream.
- Heat through until simmering.
- Optional: Add cayenne pepper, black pepper, and Truvia to season. Top soup with grated cheese.