We had our first big snow yesterday, and the kids asked if we could make snow ice cream for dessert. Because it is simple, delicious, and fun to make, I said, “Yes!”
The kids scooped up some clean snow. I mixed three ingredients together. We added the snow.
In about 3 minutes, we had delicious, vanilla ice cream.
Some for 5 kiddos.
And some for Dad and Mom (garnished with a chocolate pretzel).
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups sugar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon imitation vanilla or ½ teaspoon real vanilla
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream or half-and-half
- 6 quarts clean, fresh snow (fluffy, not packed)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, vanilla, and whipping cream.
- Add snow, 2 cups at a time.
- Stir until mixture is ice cream consistency.