We had the most delicious meal on Friday night, and it started with this Super Simple Caprese Pizza. It was the perfect way to keep using those garden tomatoes!
I adore the combination of Caprese flavors- pesto, tomato, mozzarella, and balsamic vinegar. And I love them in this warm, gooey pizza.
This pizza is a cinch to throw together. I start it with the dough from Molly’s Bucket Bread recipe, or Shelby’s Easy Homemade Pizza Dough. And then I use store bought pesto for the sauce. Next comes shredded mozzarella, thinly sliced fresh garden tomatoes, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
Our family eats this for an appetizer (because we are the meat and potatoes type and require a meaty pizza for a main dish!). But if your family is satisfied with a lighter pizza this could be a great main dish as well.
- 1 recipe homemade pizza dough (see above for recipe links)
- 3 T prepared pesto
- 1 fresh tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 C mozzarella, shredded
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll our pizza dough and place on greased pan.
- Spread pesto on dough, and then top with tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Drizzle pizza with balsamic vinegar.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Serve warm and enjoy!!!