This time of year it is quite common for me to get a call from my husband a few minutes before noon asking if I could make lunch for “the guys”. “The guys” are typically our employees or family members helping out down at the barn near our house. In an effort to not stop the guys from working, I nearly always agree and then frantically try to throw together a meal in a short amount of time. I also try not to make it a sandwich, as harvest is approaching and the guys will be eating sandwiches for many meals over the course of a few months.
After a quick look in the fridge and a google search, I came up with these Santa Fe Chicken Wraps! I whipped them up with leftover roasted chicken, wrapped them in foil and threw them in a cooler with chips and some cookies and we headed down the hill to the barn. 🙂
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 3 green onions diced
- cilantro to taste (optional)
- Wrap ingredients
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 (14.75 oz) can of corn
- 1 (15.5 oz) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- shredded lettuce
- tomatoes, diced
- Flour tortillas
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a separate bowl and set aside
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, corn and black beans. Pour dressing over top and mix well until well combined. (store in fridge until ready to use or place right into tortillas)
- Place above mixture into flour tortillas and top with lettuce and tomatoes.
After returning from the barn, it was time for me to eat. Which I soon realized I was out of flour tortillas. No problem, I threw the remaining ingredients into a lettuce leaf and enjoyed my healthier version!