Have you ever eaten brussel sprouts? I know right…little green vegetable balls. ? Ha! They are actually quite delicious when roasted. As a child (and like my children) I would have turned my nose up at brussel sprouts, but with age I have become much more refined ? and enjoy a delicious side of simple roasted brussel sprouts. Brussel sprouts are rich in nutrients and low in fat and calories. An excellent choice to round out a meal.
This roasted brussel sprouts recipe is delicous to eat alone, drizzled with some basalmic vinegar after removed from the oven or my favorite is to dip them into a homemade Sriracha Aioli (that’s fancy for spicy mayo).
Sriracha Aioli: mix three ingredients below and enjoy
1/2 cup mayo
1 Tbs Sriracha hot sauce
1/2 squeezed lime juice
However you decide to eat them, give these autumn vegetables a try. You’ll enjoy them!
- 1.5 pounds brussel sprouts, trim ends and remove any yellow or loose leaves
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside
- Place olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix. Pour in trimmed brussel sprouts and mix well until evenly coated.
- Pour onto baking sheet and roast in oven for 35 to 40 minutes shaking pan every 5 to 7 minutes for even browning. You want brussel sprouts to be browned and even blackened a little.
- Remove and serve immediately plain or with dipping sauce