- 2 slices of marble rye bread ( or rye bread )
- 2 T. thousand island dressing
- 1 slice swiss cheese
- 3-4 slices of corned beef (deli meat)
- ¼ c. sauerkraut, drained
- 2T. butter, softened, divided
- Butter outsides of sandwich bread
- Heat skillet to medium. Add 1T. butter.
- Layer sandwich (from bottom to top) with 2 slices of corned beef, then dressing, then sauerkraut, then 2 more slices of corned beef, and lastly swiss cheese.
- Heat in skillet for five minutes or until bread is golden brown.
- Flip sandwich carefully and repeat.
- Cut in half and serve with a pickle and chips.
These are some of our favorite warm sandwiches. They are especially tasty during the winter months. Serve these on rye bread and don’t forget the kraut!
Use rye bread ( I used marble rye bread). Butter both sides of bread. Then layer with thousand island dressing, corned beef, sauerkraut, more corned beef, and swiss cheese.
Cook over a skillet using medium heat – approx. 5 minutes per side. Serve with chips and a pickle!