These mini cheesecakes are absolutely wonderful, and I have used this recipe over and over for years. Not only are they delicious, but they are so simple!
I first remember making them for my sister-in-law’s bridal shower, which amazingly was ten years ago this June. And I just made these this week for a tea party with some really special ladies.
I wanted to make something special, but I had a new baby at the time and needed something easy. That’s when I stumbled upon this recipe.
Things I love about these:
- The crust for each one is a single Nilla Wafer. That’s right, just pop one wafer, flat side down in each muffin liner.
- There are just five ingredients for the entire recipe.
- They are baked in muffin tins, so no need to go out and buy a springform pan.
- They are ready in only twenty minutes.
- The topping choices are endless… canned cherry pie filling, homemade strawberry jam, chocolate sauce, whipped cream, lemon curd. Just top them with your favorite or a topping that matches a color scheme.
- They are cute and feminine and make an occasion feel festive and fun.
So what special event do you have coming up? Mother’s day, a brunch, a graduation party, a shower? Your friends and family will love these mini cheesecakes!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened (Light cream cheese works great!)
- 1 C sugar
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ t lemon juice (optional)
- 12 vanilla wafers
- Topping ideas:
- 1 (21 oz) can cherry pie filling, blueberry pie filling
- 1 (21 oz) can Lemon curd
- chocolate sauce
- strawberry jam
- peach preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place a paper cupcake liner in each cup (12 total) of muffin pan.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until fluffy. Add sugar and vanilla, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Add lemon juice if using.
- Place a vanilla wafer FLAT side down, in each muffin cup. Spoon cream cheese mixture over wafers filling each to about ¼ inch from top of paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow tarts to cool completely before filling.
- Note: When you remove the tarts from the oven, they will be puffed up, but as they cool, the center will sink, creating the perfect well to fill with a couple of spoonfuls of your favorite filling.
- Chill thoroughly before serving.