I have fond memories of snacking on different variations of this popcorn munch at my Grandma’s house or on a road trip with her. She was a teacher in her earlier years, so she was always prepared with a snack and a lesson with each visit.
It is now a snack I make with my children. We make it for birthday parties, May Day Baskets and just for fun. Give this easy recipe a try, it’s sure to be a favorite in your house too!
- Master Recipe (add optional ingredients from notes section as desired)
- 1 package white/vanilla almond bark (1 lb)
- Approximately 16-20 C popped popcorn
- Pop popcorn and place in a large bowl. (The largest you have.)
- Break up almond bark. Melt according to package directions. Pour over popcorn and stir well.
- Add in optional ingredients, continue to stir until everything is well coated
- Spread out onto waxed paper or parchment paper to cool .
- Let sit until completely cool and dry and then break up into clumps.
- Store in airtight container.
1 C candy corn
1½ C dry roasted, salted peanuts
1 C Reese's Pieces
2 C M&Ms
colored sugar sprinkles
heart sprinkles etc.
Christmas (peppermint popcorn munch)
1 6 oz. box candy canes, crushed
1 t peppermint extract or a few drops of peppermint oil