This pasta salad recipe has been around a long time – I vividly remember it for my high school graduation reception when the bridal wreath bushes were loaded with cascades of white and the lilacs were in full bloom. Our house was hoppin’ with friends and family, with celebratory congrats, and much anticipation and excitement for the future. My mom had our dining room lined with all sorts of wonderful foods – including this one. That was the same graduation reception where there was sour cream used instead of cream cheese for the fruit dip – oops!
With this salad, I am reminded of Spring because of all of the colorful fresh vegetables. We have enjoyed this healthy, colorful, delicious, and garlicky pasta salad over the years. I think you will too. Often times I have it for a main dish as a lighter lunch – enjoyed with a good piece of bread – or served as a side with just about any meal.
A light and healthy salad full of flavor and fresh vegetables.
“Let us acknowledge the Lord; let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth.” Hosea 6:3
- For the salad:
- 2 c.fresh snow peas
- 2 c. broccoli flowerets
- 2½ c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 c. mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz. cheese stuffed tortellini
- 1 (6 oz) can black olives, drained
- 3 oz. fettuccine, uncooked
- 1 T. Parmesan cheese
- For the dressing ( a pint jar works well for this):
- ½ c. green onion, sliced
- ⅓ c. red wine vinegar
- ⅓ c. olive oil
- 2 T. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 t. dried basil
- 1 t. dried dillweed
- 1 t. salt
- ½ t. pepper
- ½ t. sugar
- ½ t. dried oregano
- 1½ t. Dijon mustard
- Boil snow peas and broccoli for 1 minute. Drain and cool.
- Once cool, combine peas and broccoli with mushrooms, tomatoes, and olives in a large bowl.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool.
- Combine pasta with vegetables.
- Mix together all ingredients for salad dressing. Shake well in jar or container with a lid. Pour over pasta and vegetables and toss well.
- Chill several hours before serving. Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese.