Are you a child of God? When did you become one? If you have doubts and questions regarding what salvation is, this page will be of help to you. This tool called the Roman Road can walk you through the steps to peace with God. This is a decision from the heart which only you can make, as you surrender to Jesus. It doesn’t just happen. You cannot be born into Christianity, grow into the knowledge of God, or be baptized into His kingdom. It is a decision one must make to enter into His kingdom. There truly is only one way. (John 14:6: Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father accept through Me.)
The “Roman Road” is one of many tools used to show a person the steps to accepting Christ Jesus as our personal Savior and Lord. By understanding we are born into sin and have this sin problem, separating us from God, this keeps us from having a personal relationship with God through Christ.
- Romans 3:23 “All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.” Everyone who has been born has a sin problem which keeps us distant from a Holy God. Nothing we can do can wash away our sins….nothing.
- Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life, through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
- Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Only His blood, the sacrificial Lamb, can wash away our sins.
- Romans 10:9,10 “That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.” When this decision takes place, you are no longer an enemy with God, but His child (John 1:12) and a new creation (I Cor. 5:17). It begins the moment you trust Jesus Christ to take away your sins and ask Him to be your Savior. At this time, the Holy Spirit comes to dwell inside of you, helping you.
- Romans 5:11,12 Assurance of Salvation. You can know, without a doubt, that you have eternal life.
The Sinner’s Prayer: Lord Jesus, I understand now that I have a sin problem which separates me from You. I am sorry for the wrong I have done in this life, the sins I have committed, and I ask that you please forgive me. I realize Only You, Jesus, have the power to cleanse me from my sins and give me a new life through Your shed blood. Please come into my life and save me. I want to be no longer a child of this world, but a child of Yours.
In Jesus Name I pray, Amen